Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm A Teacher Now!!!!!! :)

 So now that my group and I have been living in Arad for a week now, orientation is over and we have started the actual program!!! YAY! Our purpose in this city is to volunteer and I have been placed as an English teacher in both the elementary school and the junior high school here. I switch between the two schools everyday.
 Yesterday was my first day at the elementary school and I go with my friend from year course Shoshana. The English teacher was named Malka and she was very sweet. the kids were also very sweet and sooooo cute! A few girls told me that I am beautiful and I wanted to cry it was so precious. A boy that I was helping in one of the classes was pretending that he hated me and didn't want my help when his friends were watching. However, when he saw me in the halls after school was over he was calling my name and waving to me and he gave me a hug. It was so great! A weird thing about the schools here is that they have school from Sunday-Friday and they are in school from 8-1:30. I prefer how America does it better I need two days for the weekend. After 1:30 the elementary school provides a tutoring time until 3:30 so Shoshana and I spent those two hours helping kids with homework. I can't wait to go back to the elementary school tomorrow!!
 Today I went to the junior high school which has every grade from 7-12. All the kids were way more outgoing than the younger ones but that also means that the boys were a bit more rowdy.... That's okay I still got to help them a lot and the teacher said I was doing amazing. There are Tzofim Scouts here in Arad also and they also work at the school. One of them even knows my friend who came to my sleep away camp through the Tzofim!!!! What a small world!
 Anyway I am exhausted and I am going to take a nap.... Until next time!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment