Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Idan Raichel at The Jerusalem Convention Center!

Last night Yearcourse attended the opening ceremonies for a program called Masa Israel Journey. This is a program that sponsors almost all of the programs that send young Jewish men and women to Israel for volunteering and studying. They happened to help me out with my tuition for this program as well :)
This whole event was focused on a concert given by Idan Raichel, but another part that I really enjoyed was a video that was put together by Masa that showed a bunch of different kids on different programs from different countries like Mexico, USA, England etc. that are just like me and are doing the same thing as me. They said really great things that really got me excited to be here for the next several months (I can't believe I have already been here for two months and have only seven left to go). This was the first time that it really hit me that the reason that I am here is bigger than just to party in Tel Aviv or make new friends. The reason I am here is to be immersed in Israeli culture and to make a difference in places like Bat Yam and Arad through my volunteering and most importantly to make the most out of all that this amazing country has to offer me. Yay Yearcourse!!!!!!!!

Pictures from Idan Raichel :)









1 comment:

  1. Edden, it is so exciting to read your blog. I feel like I am there next to you visiting all these places, enjoying the music, the culture and breathing in all this knowledge! All your stories are interesting and inebriating, and your happiness shines in the pictures... Kol Ha kavod my dear!! I am so happy for you....

    ReplyDelete