Friday, November 16, 2012

Update

It's official. As of last night, rockets from Hamas reached the center in cities near Tel Aviv such as Bat Yam, Rishon Lezion and Holon. All of these cities had "Tzeva Adom" warnings and the citizens had to hide in bomb shelters until it was all over. I have friends and family in these areas. Other YearCourse participants are located in Bat Yam and they were evacuated to Jerusalem until the authorities tell Young Judaea that it is safe for them to return home. A friend of mine who just recently finished his term in the army is waiting to hear if he has to go back in case of war. This is not a joke. Up until this point things have only gotten worse. Again, I strongly suggest for everyone to get informed the CORRECT way. (ynet, jerusalem post or haaretz are great sites).
I pray that my friends and family will be okay.


"Israel was not created in order to dissappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom."
-John F. Kennedy

Good news: The iron dome has intercepted over 100 rockets out of almost 300 since Saturday......




I can't say enough how grateful I am too be safe. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every person who has taken the time to make sure that I am okay. Even people who I wasn't close to back home. It means the world and I have never felt more love than I am now :)

On a bright note today is Shabbat and I can't wait to go to services and then Shabbat dinner at Rafi's house (the teacher that I work with for volunteering)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment