Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving weekend at Eilat!

After my section had a siyur at Kibbutz Quetura, we went to visit Eilat. A bunch of us had decided to take advantage of this opportunity and spend the weekend there!!! I was super excited because this was my first time ever visiting Eilat even though I have been to Israel a million times. We got dropped off and then my friend and I broke off from the group to find our hostel. It literally took us an hour and it sucked because we were carrying our luggage and my shoulder bag is SO heavy. When we finally got there, we checked in and were pleasantly surprised with how cute the place was considering how cheap it was for two nights.
Some pics of the hostel (the hostel has a few cabins and they are outside and the whole place is decorated with the owner's artwork):




After we were settled in the hostel and we showered and got ready for our first night in Eilat, our friends Sarah and Emma from Marva finally arrived to Eilat so then we all went out together to visit our friends that were staying in a different hostel. We were celebrating my friend Rory's birthday by having a little pre party before and then going out. Too bad almost all the clubs in Arad are 23 and older... so we called it an early night..






The next day was literally so much fun!!! We woke up and got some breakfast and then met up with all of our friends at the beach! We were all chilling and eating and swimming all day. I even got to get some journaling time and that was very relaxing. We were hanging out next to the place where you can do different water activities so my friends and I got a free boat ride which was super fun and then a few of my friends and I went banana boating!! I literally had so much fun because I had never done that before. The whole time I was screaming my lungs off because I thought I was going to fall!!!!










We spent the rest of the day eating delicious food and traveling on the boardwalk buying a bunch of cool things and just enjoying each other's company. That night I had the most delicious shawarma ever for only 30 shek!!! YUM!

The next morning we woke up bright and early for a hike! We hiked up to the top of a mountain in a nature reserve and I literally stopped every five minutes to take a picture because the view was so gorgeous! I could even see Jordan so clearly! Once we got to the top we listened to country music, snacked and just had fun soaking in the view and reminiscing.






We ended the day with lunch on the beach and a little shopping ;)

Had such a fun filled with my section 3 arad family from Thanksgiving to Quetura to Eilat!!! 
I really feel like I went on a vacation! Yay for my first vacation with no parents!






No comments:

Post a Comment