Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Our final week in Arad!

I cannot even believe that it is already the final week of our first trimester in Arad. It seems like only yesterday that I was on that direct flight and meeting my section 3 family for the first time. Funny to see how things have changed since then...
My final week in Arad has been filled with so many goodbyes. Although Arad isn't the most interesting place in Israel, it has been my home these past three months and I have really enjoyed my time here. This week was my last at volunteering. Because I work at the elementary school and the middle school I had two last days. My last day at the middle school was so nice and fun! The teacher and I have a great relationship so he wrote me a poem! This is what it said:
Dear Edden,
Volunteers come
And volunteers go
One like you
I've yet to know

The kids adore you
You're full of pep
Never a dull moment
You're always in step

Malibu to Arad
A long way to go
You've done Young Judaea proud
And have just so much to show

We will miss you dearly
The zion, het and tet kids will cry
I will miss you the most
It is very difficult to say goodbye

Please stay in touch
I will always be here for you
I hope the feeling is mutual
And you feel like this too



IS THAT NOT THE CUTEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD?! I am so happy I got to work with this man we have become so.close and I am really going to miss him and all of my kids once I get to Jerusalem! My last day was filled with goodbyes and "don't go" pleads from my kids. My heart melted when my ninth grade boys wrote "Edden we will miss you" all by themselves through a game of hangman... TOO CUTE

My eighth graders:



Word Searches




Noa and Yael the scouts :)


9th graders!


7th graders! (my favorite class)



Tomer (He won't listen to anyone but me!)



Roee and yael :)



Later that day we had "sikkum" of Arad as a whole. It is so surreal that this trimester is over....
The next day was my last day at the elementary school and it was basically the same story. I was very sad to part from these adorable little kids. I mean it hasn't just been a few weeks, I've been here for three whole months! That's a really long time and I have really connected with these kids.. I am really going to miss this place and my volunteering.

3rd graders!

5th graders!




Malka!




Today (wednesday) was a day devoted to cleaning! My apartment organized everything and we cleaned the whole apartment! I've even packed a whole suitcase already (space bags to the rescue). All of the Aradians went to Sde Boker to cheer on our friends in Marva for their closing ceremony. I'm so proud of them!!! It was so beautiful I need to go back to that place asap! Lastly was a celebratory dinner with my roomies for the end of Arad at our favorite bar "Muza"! We even have enough money left over in the stipend to pay for our wine! Cheers to a great week and hopefully an even better weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment