Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sikkum of Arad

And with a blink of an eye, Arad is over... I have already been on year course for over 3 months!!! How crazy is that? In honor of the end of my first trimester, this is a blogpost to just kind of summarize my time in Arad.
I am definitely really happy that I started out here. Because this is my first time away from home, I really feel that Arad helped me adjust. I say this because Arad is a small town, absolutely nothing like Tel Aviv..... Because it is so small I have focused on adapting to daily life on year course and now that I am moving on to a bigger city, I feel more ready.
I had the most incredible opportunity teaching English for the kids of Arad and now that I am living in Jerusalem I will be a full time student. So much is about to change! Although I am so thankful for my experiences in Arad I am beyond excited for what's about to come.
Aside from partying, I had many incredible experiences that were all in the negev. Living in Arad has really helped me appreciate the Southern part of Israel (a place that I had never spent much time in previously). Through going to a indie music festival for three days to spending a weekend vacationing in Eilat, this trimester has really been filled with crazy stories. BUT there is always room for more!!! My number one goal for my time in Jerusalem is to really travel Israel! And most importantly to travel Jeursalem! It's harder to travel from Arad to anywhere but in the negev but now I can go to the North and  central Israel easily11 My friend Aviva and I have already planned a trip to Haifa and Akko! Should be super fun :)
O JERUSALEM GET READY FOR SECTION 3!!!! :)))))))))


No comments:

Post a Comment