Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Changeover between Arad and Jerusalem

So between every switch, year coursers get a two day break so that year course staff can prepare the apartments for the new residents. For this changeover, section three left Arad (so sad) and then went straight to the Dead Sea for a bbq and relaxing time. FINALLY I went in!!!! This was literally the first time that I had been into the Dead Sea since at least like fifth grade so I was pretty excited! I forgot how weird it is to float. Sadly this is not the kind of ocean that you can be in for hours so I didn't spend much time there. BUT it is safe to say that the Dead Sea is literally the most gorgeous place....

AM I RIGHT OR NOT????
So that was a very chill afternoon with my whole section which was nice since we've been split up for the past three months!!!
Our next stop was the Bedouin tent!!! All of year course stayed at these touristy bedouin tents where we were served yummy tea while we froze in the middle of the negev. The night was great because I made a lot of new friends from section 1 &2 :) 

Friends from Section 2:


At seven AM we woke up to ride camels!!!  Aviva and I shared one! I absolutely love riding camels it is so fun hehe!

Lastly, section three went on a trip with the "religious year course" (Shalem) to the Judaean foothills where there are over a thousand caves that were used apparently in the days of the Maccabees (very relevant to Hannukah). The trip itself might have been much better if it wasn't freezing and raining. We were all just dying to get to our new home already!!!! 

Stay tuned for my first week of Jerusalem living!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment