Monday, January 7, 2013

Siyur to the City of David

Today, my siyur class and I went to continue our learning of the history of Jerusalem at the city of King David! The western wall is in the "old city" so this is known as the antique city. Our teacher spent the whole time telling us the story of King David and his son Solomon. I've never had a real education on the stories of the Bible so even if it isn't the most exciting thing in the world, I think it's great that I'm learning it now.

We even went to the Gihon Spring which is supposedly the place where Solomon was appointed King! 
The city of David is known for its water tunnels that show how the people of the time period got their water and beat their aggressors. Because today was raining and absolutely FREEZING we didn't go in but we went into a dry tunnel which was a little to claustrophobic for me...


The tomb of King David

Such a great siyur!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment