Sunday, May 12, 2013

Beer Sheva Glow Run!

My section on Yearcourse has an activism track that works to support victims of terror in Israel. As a fundraiser, many of us decided to raise money and run/walk in the Beer Sheva Glow Run. I decided to walk the 5K (anyone that knows me would know that I hate running).
We got there and received our nice white shirts. On the back of each shirt was a story of a terror victim and people always stopped us to ask what "Tzeva Kachol" is (the name of the activism campaign). With our "Cranergy" (cranberry energy drink) in hand, we painted our faces in neon colors and spray painted our shirts. Before the race, there was a huge pump up party which was PACKED. Once the race started, I hung out with my crew and we finished the 5K in an hour and ten minutes!!! We then celebrated and danced together at the mini-rave (just kidding). I am so happy to have had the experience to be in a race and I'm happy that I raised money and awareness for a good cause while doing so!










No comments:

Post a Comment