Friday, June 7, 2013

Goodbye Bat Yam... :(

Wow! Bat Yam has been one crazy ride. From amazing volunteering, to being a 10 min walk to the beach, to being just a bus ride into Tel Aviv, it is safe to say that I had an amazing three months! Something that I also loved about this semester was location. Every weekend, my friends and I hopped on a train and explored something new even though sometimes we felt that there was so much left to do and not enough time to do it! From camping in Sde Boker to camping at the Kineret, I saw a lot of beautiful sights this semester. I also went to a crazy music festival in the forest which will be an experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I basically lived on the beach because there is nothing like Tel Aviv beaches. I spent countless Friday mornings at the Tel Aviv shuk enjoying the amazing atmosphere. Bat Yam has been so incredibly fun with so much to do. Oh, and I can never forget the scouts that lived with us! These are eleven amazing kids who inspired us everyday. They are such hard workers and genuinely great people. I now have eleven new homes whenever I come and visit :)
Looking back, I have no regrets on the Bat Yam semester. I really feel as if I gave it my all and explored so many new things. It was a perfect way to end a perfect year and I miss it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment