Saturday, June 1, 2013

Visiting my Volunteering and MASA Closing Ceremony!

In Arad, I made really great connections through my volunteering. I loved the kids, the other volunteers, and of course the teacher that I worked with. Unfortunately, other than my trip with my dad, I hadn't gone back to see my kids.  So I decided to take a free day and go visit them. It was a total surprise and seeing their faces when they saw me walk through the door made the annoying trek to Arad worth it! I got to see my first two classes (8th grade and 9th grade). I had to miss my favorite class (7th grade) due to a mandatory ceremony in Jerusalem for the end of Israel programs. I am so happy to have gone and see these amazing kids. They gave me so much love and it really showed me that I made a difference. The teacher always tells me that they still talk about me and when I came, I saw that he was not exaggerating. Also, seeing ninth grade boys show some emotion is pretty rare.... I'll miss them!

As I said earlier, after visiting the school, I went to Jerusalem to attend the closing ceremonies by MASA which basically  funds every Israel program from all over the world so there were a lot of people there. We heard the Minister of the Economy, Naftali Bennet speak and the chairman of the Jewish Agency, Natan Sharansky. BUT the best part was seeing the Israeli acapella group Voca People perform! They are a group of eight people who dress head to toe in white with red lipstick and act like aliens. They had amazing mash-ups from movies, songs you name it. It was so fun to see them perform and I had never heard of them before this. Thanks for everything MASA! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment