Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Goodbye Save a Child's Heart and Fat Meir Soup Kitchen

As I mentioned before, my volunteering in Bat Yam was at two places. Twice a week, I was volunteering with kids from all over the world who were in Israel to get heart surgery and once a week, I was making sandwiches for the lower class of Bat Yam. Pretty cool right? :)
My last day at Fat Meir was pretty emotional. Even though I was there only once a week, Meir really took a liking to me and was sad to see me go. He even took down my number and email incase he ever comes to LA!
Save a Child's Heart was really where the magic happened. I am absolutely honored to have had the chance to work here. I have made friends of all ages from countries like Burundi, Ethiopia, Romania, Zanzibar, Tanzania and many more. I have learned to communicate without using words and I have fallen in love with these kids. Every time a kid went into surgery, my heart would ache until I knew they were ok. Every time a kid went home, I had to put my selfish needs aside and be happy that they would be going home and seeing their families as healthy kids.  Save a Child's Heart changed my life. I know it sounds cliche but it really is true. I learned so much from these kids and gained so much from this experience. Thanks for everything SACH!







No comments:

Post a Comment